|The SAA 58th at the James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art|
The Society of Animal Artists (SAA), founded in 1960, is devoted to promoting excellence in the artistic portrayal of the creatures sharing our planet, and to the education of the public through art exhibitions, informative seminars, lectures, and teaching demonstrations. The SAA's membership, past and present, represent a veritable who's who of artists from around the world. Membership is open to artists by jury, and the Society has several levels of Patron Memberships.
So Why Join the Society?
1. The camaraderie with fellow artists and like-minded individuals. SAA artists currently number over 525 and represent 23 different countries. Members have regular opportunities to interact with each other online, as well as in-person throughout the year.
3. Informative seminars, demonstrations, presentations are available during the SAA opening weekends. Monthly business panel sessions, artists' studio tours, and advice from experienced artists in the field are offered online to members.
|SAA artist Robert Bateman demonstrating in 2015|
|SAA artist Paul Ryhmer demonstrating bronze pouring techniques|
|SAA artist Sharon Fulingim demonstrating stone carving techniques|
4. Field trips are planned during opening weekend celebrations, to visit zoos, national parks, and wildlife attractions in the local area.
|On a whale-watching expedition during the 50th Exhibition in San Diego, CA|
|Playing with lemurs during an opening weekend|
5. Recognition and awards ~ Spaces in SAA Exhibitions are limited and chosen by the jury to ensure the highest quality artwork is featured. Awards in the Annual Exhibition are selected by a panel of three museum professionals. Thousands of dollars in award money, purchase awards, magazine editor's choice awards, and the coveted Awards of Excellence are bestowed at each Annual Exhibition. The Awards of Excellence are the sole path to Master Signature Membership within the Society. Participating artists are also featured in the catalog.
6. Building the future ~ SAA members, particularly the leadership, strive to build a foundation of opportunities and knowledge for the next generation of artists.
Until next time ~ SAA Artist Rachelle Siegrist
Post a Comment