Thursday, December 20, 2012

Member Profile-Gunnar Tryggmo

Society Of Animal Artists Member Profile
Gunnar Tryggmo
Associate Member
Painter, Sweden
 
 
Born in 1969 and raised in Sjöabro, a scenic spot deep in the middle of the forest in Småland, which is a province in southern Sweden. The forest’s diversity of animals and birds caught my interest early on and became a natural source of inspiration. I shared this artistic interest with my uncle, who encouraged me from a young age, and it was he who took me to my first show.

After high school I moved to Helsingborg,  a city in southern Sweden which faces Denmark, in order to study painting and drawing at Sundsgårdens college. Today I live with my family in Viken, a small village outside Helsingborg, where I practice my art. I continue to be inspired by nature and in particular by animals and birds in their natural environment, such as the Swedish landscape which ranges from the coastline to the heavily-forested interior. In 2007 I went on a safari trip to Tanzania and experienced at first hand Africa’s wildlife. This was a majestic experience that has ever since been a major inspiration in my art.

http://www.gunnartryggmo.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment